Friday, February 13, 2009

Battlestar Galactica

I gave up television a year and a half ago, and I have no regrets.

Sure, there are some good programs there.

But there are also many programs that are, let's face it, simply crap.

In fact, most of the are.

Not to mention that you have to spend 1/3rd of the time watching advertisements.

So now I rent DVDs from my local library -- which is, frankly, a really, really great library for a community this size -- or even rent a few from the local Blockbuster.

Lately I am into Deadwood Season 2 and Battlestar Galactica S1 E5+. I have never watched television when you were supposed to, when it first came out. I only discovered Seinfeld about 2002, long after it was in syndication. Same now for Deadwood and BG.

But I don't mind.

Anyway, my sister saw The Gourds the other night in Portland, and it turns out they're pretty good:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

david, your sister's right...the gourds are great! try to check them out yourself the next time they come to town.

MT said...

It's a slippery slope. I got addicted to Galactica the same way, but I blew through them all and now I survive hand to mouth on new episodes, which I watched as soon as they went online. You might like Lost too.